Privacy & Cookie Policies:
At Suburbia, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to: Suburbia, 74 Rochester Pl, London NW1 9JX
Who are we? We’re Suburbia, a creative agency, who are dedicated to providing effective and legally compliant marketing services. Suburbia is a Limited company registered under the laws of England & Wales (03375195). The registered address is 74 Rochester Pl, London NW1 9JX
How do we collect information from you? We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services or if you register to receive our blogs or newsletters. We use a 3rd party data processor to securely store all our contact information. When you complete an online form, it is directly into the 3rd party processors secure website. We do not capture or store any of your personal data on our website.
What type of information is collected from you? The personal information you directly supply and that we collect might include: your name, address, email address, IP address, your web browser & computer operating system, employer's name, employers address, website and information regarding what pages on our website are accessed and when.
We will not be collecting information about browsing habits outside of our own domain https://suburbia-agency.com/ or personally sensitive information (special categories of data) relating to you and your private life such as gender and age.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about marketing campaigns, best practice, industry news and to send updates on our activities, promotions of our company’s goods and services,process orders that you have submitted;
- process information requests that you have submitted,
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us,
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide,
- notify you of changes to our services,
- process a grant or job application.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as it is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. For the purposes of marketing, we shall re-confirm your desire to receive communications from us every 24 months
Who has access to your information?
We will not give, sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services on our behalf (for example to process payments and send you mailings). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond Suburbia for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Data Protection Legislation
Our business, internal computer systems and this website are designed to comply with the following legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) (2019),
The Data Protection Act (2018),
This site’s compliance with the above stringent legislation means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our work or our exciting products and services, then you can unsubscribe from our communications using the link at the bottom of all our marketing emails at any time.
At any point whilst we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Suburbia) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Suburbia or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling.
All requests should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to; Suburbia, 74 Rochester Pl, London NW1 9JX.
For more information on GDPR and your rights please see https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/
Our Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Our legal basis for data processing is to meet our contractual obligations to clients and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning marketing services provided.
The legitimate interest pursued by Suburbia is to promote our marketing services. Our communication methods may include email, social media, newsletters, telephone calls, text messages and any other channels to reach those who may be interested in using the marketing services provided by us. In making contact via the Suburbia, you agree to us contacting you to follow-up on your enquiry and to maintain a dialogue with you.
Suburbia will use information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you information which the business believes may be of interest to you. By making initial contact, you consent to Suburbia maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any time) or we decide to stop promoting our services.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Suburbia holds on you. To do this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email account you hold with us requesting a copy of your records. Your records will be delivered to you by email within 30 days. You may be asked to reconfirm your identity. You have the right to ask for all the information Suburbia holds about you to be deleted and erased from our systems. To do this, please send an email to Suburbia, from the email account you wish to be deleted. Your records will be deleted within 30 days. It is within Suburbia’s legitimate interest to retain a single record of your request for deletion from our systems.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of our awareness of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information is encrypted and protected. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
Use of 'cookies'
Links to other websites
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under and believe that our website content is suitable for all ages. However, if you are aged 16 or under‚ we shall require your parent/guardian's permission beforehand, whenever you provide us with personal information.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated 22nd June 2021
Cookies & Tracking Notice
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Suburbia and our third-party partners, such as our marketing and analytics partners, use various technologies to collect information, such as cookies and web beacons.
How do we use them?
- Where strictly necessary. These cookies and other technologies are essential in order to enable the Services needed to provide the feature you have requested, such as remembering you have logged in.
- For functionality. These cookies and similar technologies remember choices you make such as language or search parameters. We use these cookies to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your use of our website and Services more tailored.
- For performance and analytics. These cookies and similar technologies collect information on how users interact with the Services and enable us to improve how the Services operate. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how visitors arrive at and browse our products, services and website, to identify areas for improvement such as navigation, user experience, and marketing campaigns.
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make our marketing relevant to you and your interests. They remember the pages you have visited on our website
- Social media cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our websites or you link your account or engage with our content, either on or through a social media site. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
Updates to this Notice
This Cookies & Tracking Notice may be updated from time to time. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the "effective starting" date at the bottom of this notice.
This Cookies & Tracking Notice was updated: 22nd June 2021